Social Media Manager
I am looking for a freelance virtual social media assistant to manage my Instagram account, which currently functions as my business’s only marketing channel. My goals for my Instagram account are to have steady, quality growth. I am not concerned only about increasing my follower count quickly, rather I am focused on growing a community of engaged and aligned folks and organizations who see me as an expert in web design and development for social justice organizations.
Bonus points if you have an interest or knowledge in website design, website development, accessibility, and disability justice.
Content creation (70%)
- Writes content focused on increasing engagement
- Designs on-brand graphics and stories
- Schedules posts and manages posting calendar
- Helps me create Reels that are not dancing
Research and analysis (15%)
- Researches social media trends to support strengthening my Instagram presence
- Analyses and reports engagement and audience information
- Proposes new ideas and concepts for social media content
- Manages inbound DMs and comments
- Engages with potential audience members
- Experience on Instagram Business accounts
- Knowledge, experience, or willingness to learn about accessibility and disability justice
- Good practical experience with online calendars and scheduling
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
This is a remote position with flexible hours, approximately 5 hours per week. The pay range for this position is $15-$20/hour depending on experience. This is a contracted freelance assignment, which will not create an employment relationship
Applicants who meet some, but not all of the requirements are encouraged to apply. Applicants who are LGBTQIA+, people of color, and who have lived experience with digital accessibility challenges are encouraged to apply.
Send an email to email@example.com introducing yourself and sharing why you are a good fit for this position. I hate writing cover letters, so this does not need to be a formal cover letter. If we met at a party, how would you introduce yourself and hype yourself up for this position?
Please include several work samples that show off your decision-making skills, your writing skills, and your design skills.